Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Super Bowl.




This is the first time in about 6 years I haven't had to work Super Bowl Sunday, where I had to run in and out to the break room to check the score.
Who am I kidding, it wasn't that much
Not that I'm an extreme football fan, and I wasn't that fond of those teams that were playing anyways.

San Fran. You almost had it.

 This was the first party I had been to in a long time and I spent it with good friends, family, and my handsome Mr. Man of Mine.
I got to love on the cutie-pie pup, Harley.
I was very proud of the Giants for beating the Pats, even though my friend Amy Delgrande would say otherwise and would beat me if she knew that I had stood by that statement.
That's why I only risked saying that 2 states away and over the Internet.

I mean the girl stated that this was the 2nd most important day of her life, and the 1st was when the Pats played the Giants in 2007.
Yeah, don't mess.

Let's not forget the AMAZING 7 layer dip I made with the help of my chopping capable Mother.
I got the recipe from my Sister Wife, Kathryn, and it was not a let down.
30 minutes, and it was good to go!

Ingredients

  • 1 (1 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
  • 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans- more is advised
  • 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
  • 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
  • 1 (16 ounce) jar salsa
  • 1 large tomato, chopped
  • 1 green bell pepper, chopped
  • 1 bunch chopped green onions
  • 1 small head iceberg lettuce, shredded
  • 1 (6 ounce) can sliced black olives, drained
  • 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
  • 1 container of Guacamole- I only used about 1/2

Directions

  1. In a medium bowl, blend the taco seasoning mix and refried beans. Spread the mixture onto a large serving platter.
  2. Mix the sour cream and cream cheese in a medium bowl. Spread over the refried beans.
  3. Top the layers with guacamole and salsa. Place a layer of tomato, green bell pepper, green onions and lettuce over the salsa, and top with Cheddar cheese. Garnish with black olives.

 Enjoy! There's a new recipe for the month of February!

No comments:

Post a Comment