Monday, June 10, 2013

26.

26.

Or should I say, old. 

Yay, now I get to pay for my own health insurance. Things are looking up, guys!

I recently turned the big 2-6 and normally I'm not a big fan of my birthday. It's hard to believe but I'm not into all the attention. Plus, my birthday over the years hasn't had the greatest track record. About 80% of them have been ruined or awful. Whether it was woke up with chicken pox, stomach flu, boyfriend gets in a fight with me, friend got arrested, boyfriend dumped me, etc.

This is one made up for the bad ones. I'm hoping it's an omen to how the rest of the year will be. Just happy and good.

The weekend before my birthday I went and visited my Sister Wife, Ronni all the way in New York for a last minute weekend trip. It was the best 72 hours and decision I've ever made! It was so nice to catch up because I have not seen her in almost two years (when we both still lived in Southern California).

 Took the red eye. This photo is a result of mixing a stein of beer and a benadryl to help me sleep=help me get closer to crazy.



 Saturday night, Ronni set up a dinner with me and all of her New York friends. We had amazing dinner over drinks. I felt so adult like.


 YES, this is Ronni's view on her rooftop. It was so dreamy!


 Another word to describe this weekend= Carbs (the sourdough twist infused with dark chocolate chips......gah to die for!)


 Every time I see these homes, I think of Sex and The City. (Sigh)



 Sunday we went and saw the Mets play. We were able to get free upgraded seats. But the most importantly, of course, I saw another Angels fan there, screamed my head off, and scared the living daylights out of them.
Normal, Lauren. Act, Normal.



The following weekend my little ladies from work were so great and joined me for a REAL soccer game and a night out to Keys on Main.

That whole night was just a freakin' blast. Pretty sure, if I recall the following happened:
-Us waddling around in the kitchen
-Us imitating the meanest person we work with
-Erica invented the beer unicorn
-meeting Outback Anthony
 -Julia ate 18" of hot dog
-at a player meet and greet, all I cared about was eating a cookie
-at Keys I requested Melissa Etheridge's "Come to my window." (I meant business...so serious I handed my song request to the piano player with my embarrassing $4 and with a straight face, looked her in the eyes and said, "It's my birthday." And slowly pushed the money towards her...like a serious business deal was going down.)
-She never played my song
-Carey started dancing on the chair

 Clearly, I'm taking this Single thing seriously.

 On my actual birthday my oldest friend Anna and her husband were so great and took me out for birthday brunch.

It was just such a great birthday. Makes up for all the others.
Thank you to everyone!

2 comments:

  1. sssstop. you are making me ache for my city! What are you doing there??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just visiting over Memorial Day weekend. One of my best friends lives out there.

    ReplyDelete