Monday, December 2, 2013

I like me.

I like me.

I like who I am right now.

I like the person I'm becoming.

I like seeing the person I might develop into.

I like that I'm weird and quarky.

I like the certain parts of me that most people don't know about. The serious side.

I like the loving side of myself.

I like the person I am when it comes to my family.


I like the person I am with my friends or how I am with my friends.

I like me.



Yes, there are a lot of things I could point out about myself that I don't like. But to be honest, when I thought at those things, they were mostly physical things. And then as I write that, that even sounds so stupid to even think that.

I'm a weird believer in that everyone has a path written for them, and you are only given as much as you can handle. Sometimes it's easier and sometimes it's definitely not. I believe that all things happen at certain times in your life for a purpose. For you to learn or to change.

After this past year, I'm glad I've been alone. Just been able to focus on myself and figure out who I am and what I want in MY life, not worrying about how to fulfill someone else's. I feel like I have been forced with this time for a reason. I feel like the universe is telling me that I needed this amount of time to figure it out.  I need to give myself this time to be happy, with most importantly, myself. 

This time was meant for me to learn to like myself. And I like me.


No comments:

Post a Comment