Monday, June 6, 2011

A year older.



I must be the runt in the family because I am not even close to being their height. On my tippy-toes.


Texas Roadhouse....yum!
So this past week I made my way BACK to Utah to witness my younger brother graduate from high school and.....to celebrate my birthday. Which is funny because I spent my day of birthday actually AT his high school graduation. I'm so proud and excited for him, and I only know wherever he chooses to go he'll make it. And I know that when I was in his shoes I had no clue how much my life was going to change from that point. I can't wait to see what kind of adult he becomes and where he will go.

Although I will say, I love a great occasion to celebrate major events and what not, but really? Does the ceremony have to be 3 hours? For some reason I don't remember mine being that long? 
Or maybe I'm far too old that that part of my memory has been lost?
Most likely a combination of both.

It was so nice just to be home and be with family. Even though according to the pictures above my brothers would disagree with that statement. It was also great just being home for my birthday, since I've moved to California I can't even remember the last time I was with my family on my actual birthday. I've gotten so used to cards and phone calls over the years.

I also got to celebrate some with Mr. Man of Mine as well. We did pick up a game of miniature golf, which I don't believe that I have played since high school. Which makes sense since everyone else that was there was actually in high school. Whatever! We had fun.
Oh and did I mention that Mr. Man is a good cook/baker. He made this lovely cake for me!
Now you wish you had a Mr. Man also huh?


toasted coconut cake with custard.



who do you think won?



my hole in one.

then ben stole my thunder and got one right after me. rude.



1 comment:

  1. i love texas roadhouse. the butter and rolls are to die for!!!! Glad u had a good bday!!!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete