Saturday, September 25, 2010

The Carey Curl Craze

I have always had curly hair, when I was a blonde youngin' I had long wavy locks of love. Although in the past, I had grown up always hating my curly hair, and always envying all the girls that were blessed with perfectly straight hair. Then, the hair straigthener was invented and I was so grateful that I wouldn't have to go another day with oddly shaped hair. After pretty much straightening my hair every day in high school, I one, probably had the most unhealthy hair known to man, and two, never noticed how curly my hair was. I had forgotten. It took me after several years after and some camping trips later to know that my hair is extremely curly, and I believe has gotten curlier than when I was a young girl. So now I have embraced my curly hair and have developed a theory.
MY HAIR HAS A MIND OF IT'S OWN
Some days the curl can be somewhat managed, but for those days that volume and curls are the words of the day I tend to resemble this lady....
Not just Mariah Carey, current day, but Mariah Carey from the 90's. So I then decided that those wild curly days are now considered my "Mariah Carey Hair Day." These curls cannot be tamed people! They are out of control, no hair product or tool can mend these curls. They are their own army and win every time. For those that hang out with me on a regular basis, will all know and back up my stand on my Mariah Carey Curls. I don't hate those days, they just make me laugh. And I have decided today...
  IS A MARIAH CAREY HAIR DAY AND LOVIN' IT!
(and yes I did start busting out my "Honey" lyrics in this picture.)

1 comment: