Wednesday, April 25, 2012

13.1


First, half marathon completed!
If those who follow my blog but also follow me on Facebook or Instagram probably was already aware of this. Last Saturday I ran the Salt Lake City Half Marathon.
It was the perfect day for a run, the weather was great and the views were amazing. Gosh, I love Utah sometimes.

This is all you need to know about my race that day:
  • People's heads seem to bob up and down to the music I'm listening to so perfectly.
  • I got the biggest side-ache I have ever gotten in my entire life...in mile 2. Come on body!
  • The last two miles were the worst. 
  • A man dressed head to toe in a leopard suit ran in front of me the entire time and all I could think about was Rocky's "Eye Of The Tiger."
  • Man had tattooed how many marathons and half marathons on his calves. Weird.
  • I opted in to having Whitney Houston's "I Wanna Dance With Somebody " on my mix.
  • No one puked until the end of the race.
  • Creamies icecream is NOT good after a long run.
  • I crossed the finish line to Miley Cyrus' "Party In The USA."
  • I placed 729 out of 2492.
  • My legs felt like they were going to fall off for about 2 days straight.

And I've caught the bug. What race to do next?

2 comments:

  1. Mud Run, then a Half, then 26.2, then an Iron Man!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can run sista, and you look hot doing it! That is so awesome. Rox and I are going to try and do the hobble creek half in August. I'm getting some sweet ideas from your blog though...a tiger suit? Yes.

    ReplyDelete