First, half marathon completed!
If those who follow my blog but also follow me on Facebook or Instagram probably was already aware of this. Last Saturday I ran the Salt Lake City Half Marathon.
It was the perfect day for a run, the weather was great and the views were amazing. Gosh, I love Utah sometimes.
This is all you need to know about my race that day:
- People's heads seem to bob up and down to the music I'm listening to so perfectly.
- I got the biggest side-ache I have ever gotten in my entire life...in mile 2. Come on body!
- The last two miles were the worst.
- A man dressed head to toe in a leopard suit ran in front of me the entire time and all I could think about was Rocky's "Eye Of The Tiger."
- Man had tattooed how many marathons and half marathons on his calves. Weird.
- I opted in to having Whitney Houston's "I Wanna Dance With Somebody " on my mix.
- No one puked until the end of the race.
- Creamies icecream is NOT good after a long run.
- I crossed the finish line to Miley Cyrus' "Party In The USA."
- I placed 729 out of 2492.
- My legs felt like they were going to fall off for about 2 days straight.
And I've caught the bug. What race to do next?